Sunday, March 8, 2009

Almost there...













The house...whew...are y'all tired of hearing about it or what? Well, I have to say that we are so close to moving in that I can taste it! I am just about to bust at the seams to get our stuff in and start decorating. The nesting phase must be kicking in! Ha! Kevin has a challenge for me...he wants me to go a whole week this week without going in the house. I find that very hard since it is my favorite thing to do at the end of the day! I go get the mail and check on the house progress. I have an appt with Don, my BFF Laurann's Dad to measure windows tomorrow. And after that, I am not going to go in till next Saturday. At the end of the week, the granite will be in, the floors will be done and the appliances will be placed. All there will be left to do is touch up and lighting/fixtures/plumbing. Yay! Here is another photo update of the place. The new things are tile (baths and kitchen) and a few light fixtures are hung. My favorite is the dining chandelier! There will definitely be more to update after next weekend. Until then, we will all be in suspense together!

2 comments:

Quinn said...

Gorgeous! I think I said it before...but I LOVE that crown moulding!

Jennifer Lea Photography said...

I love the darkness of the tarp that covers the floors with the lightness of the walls- will your flooring be a cherry or darker- that would look great! Dark would contrast awesome and make the rooms 'pop'. You should also consider painting your fireplace and then pressure washing over it so the brick 'shows' through like cracking- it looks awesome! Just some ideas!