Our "new/old" house renovation is coming right along! We had the opportunity to meet with a cabinet guy today to get ideas and quotes. We have pretty much decided to reface the original cabinets to give the place an entirely new look. I am trying to decide on the finish and it really is a hard decision because we will have it for...well...forever, I guess! Anyway, I am really excited about all of the great ideas we have come up with. We are knocking down the wall that connects the kitchen, dining and living rooms, as well as, the foyer. We will also be adding a pantry and a nook for the fridge, an island with a cook top stove and a double oven and recessed lighting throughout! Kevin has been hard at work the past few weekends and he is making a dent, literally. I had the chance to take the sledgehammer (at least I think that is what it is called) to a wall. It was a nice stress reliever! It cracks me up that we have Aubrey in a stroller in the house today and in only a few short months we will be LIVING there.
In other exciting news, we got an offer on our house today. It was really low, but I am praying that we can come to an agreement and get this puppy sold. Looks like we will be spending the holidays living with my DAD. Crazy, I know, but he assures me that he doesn't mind. Now, my brother Ryley on the other hand will not be so happy because Aubrey will be taking over their computer room. I guess that is the sacrifice that we have to make to get to our dream house. Stay tuned for more details on this exciting time in the McKneely household (or two)!


2 comments:
That is such a huge project! But so fun to be able to turn it into exactly what you want. That is awesome! Keep us posted with pictures!
I am sure Uncle Myron is going to be thrilled to have his first baby and his first grandbaby under the same roof! :)
CRAZY! What a huge improvement! Can't wait to get over there and help!
Post a Comment