Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A long process

















Who would have ever thought I would be sitting on my computer night after night trying to wrap my head around the amazing thing called PHOTOGRAPHY? I swear. I thought it was just as easy as point, shoot, upload, print and then viola!, you have your pics. NOT TRUE! This little venture is way more time consuming and all encompassing than I would have ever dreamed! With that being said, enough venting for now, I am loving every minute of it! I feel like I am on a scavenger hunt every time I sit down to master another task. I have recently started shooting 'real' sessions for people. By 'real' I mean charging them! Anyway, it is so crazy because to actually get to the final project is like jumping though hoop after hoop. I have yet to produce the final product, by that I mean actual photos. But...please people know, I am getting there. One little baby step at a time, I am going to make this work! Tonight I have been working on Cameron's Senior Photo Shoot that I did about a week ago. I am working with the Photoshop program I just got and Whoa! talk about time consuming. So, the plan is to have the final proofs to his mother by the end of the week. Well, it just took me like 1.5 hours to make this picture look like I want...I think. Here is that one photo that took so long. I relly hope you like it. And guys, thanks for letting me vent....I feel better now!

5 comments:

Lori said...

looks great! love the red... (is that a barn - fantastic location!)

Heather said...

Love it! Is that barn really red or did you create that too. You'll be great! Just relax knowing that it really takes time, trial and error, successes, and even failures to become a novice.

Ida B. Goddard said...

looks awesome!

Quinn said...

Erin! It's awesome...It basically looks like it could be an ad for Hollister! I think you are doing great...I am certain that Cameron's mother will be thrilled.

Ida B. Goddard said...

i love the ring pic!! way to use your creative side Erin!